Free School Meals
Are you Eligible?
If your child is under 19 and in full time education, you may be able to get free school meals for them if you receive one of these benefits:
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you’re an asylum seeker
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Children who receive Income Support (IS) or income based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right can also get free school meals
Even if you do not intend for your child to eat school meals, completing and submitting the form could help the College to access extra funding through the Pupil Premium, which is used to remove barriers for Castle Donington pupils and raise achievement for all.
How do I claim?
To apply for Free School Meals and for further information you can telephone School Food Support Service at County Hall 0116 3056588 or 0116 3057093. Alternatively, information can be found at the link below http://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/education-and-children/social-care-and-supporting-families/free-school-meals
Please contact Mr Henson, Finance Officer, if you need help with your application.
Your completed form should be sent to School Food Support Service at:
School Food Support Service